Prof. John Finnis delivers the fifth Annual Anscombe Memorial Lecture – ‘Body and Soul: On Anscombe’s ‘Royal Road’ To True Belief’ – at St John’s College, Oxford.
The event was chaired by Prof. Luke Gormally, hosted by the Anscombe Bioethics Centre, and co-sponsored by Blackfriars Hall, University of Oxford.
Texts referred to:
- G.E.M. Anscombe and P. Geach, ‘Three Philosophers’ (Blackwell and Cornell Press, 1961)
- M. Geach and L. Gormally (Eds.), ‘Human Life, Action and Ethics: Essays by G.E.M. Anscombe’ (Imprint Academic 2005)
- M. Geach and L. Gormally (Eds.), ‘Faith in a Hard Ground: Essays on Religion, Philosophy and Ethics’ by G.E.M. Anscombe (2008)
- R.G. Collingwood, ‘The Idea of Nature’ (OUP, 1945)
- P.M. Hoffman, ‘Life’s Ratchet’ (New York: Basic Books, 2012)
08 November 2019
06 July 2018