The Anscombe Bioethics Centre is holding a half-day conference on Suicide Prevention and Assisted Suicide: Legal, Clinical, and Ethical Perspectives on 10 September (World Suicide Prevention Day) from 1pm to 4.30pm in Blackfriars, St Giles, Oxford, OX1 3LY.
This conference will cover the right to be prevented from committing suicide, the challenge of suicide prevention among people eligible for “medical aid in dying” and the impact of legalising assisted suicide on suicide rates.
Speakers will include:
- Professor Jonathan Herring (Professor of Law, Oxford University)
- Professor Brian Mishara (Director of the Centre for Research and Intervention on Suicide, Ethical Issues and End-of-Life Practices (CRISE); Professor of Psychology, Université du Québec à Montréal, Canada)
- Professor David Paton (Professor of Industrial Economics, Nottingham University Business School)
- Professor David Albert Jones (Professor in Bioethics, St. Mary’s University, Twickenham; Director, Anscombe Bioethics Centre; Fellow, Blackfriars Hall, Oxford)
- Professor Patricia Casey (Professor of Psychiatry, University College Dublin) and Dr Anne Doherty (Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University College Dublin) in interview
Attendance is free. To book a place either to attend in person or to participate via Zoom, please click here.
15 February 2023
We are pleased to announce that on 23 June 2023 at 4pm, the Anscombe Memorial Lecture will be held i...
Our first Anscombe Donors’ Question and Answer Session will take place on Thursday 21 July at 7pm!